For the Great Connection Festival 2022 join (me) Suzie of soothe-me skincare in a 30min ‘Foodie face mask’ skincare self-care session. GET YOUR TICKET HERE
– A virtual festival (for charity) providing space to connect with ourselves and others. Talks | Movement | Arts | Music – This unique event, in aid of suicide awareness and prevention charity Olly’s Future, is designed to stand out from other wellbeing offerings by specifically embracing the collaborative, community aspect of wellness and the positive power of shared experience.
During this skincare workshop: Discover & learn what common foods and ingredients you can use on your skin, how to combine them, apply and remove them. So you can get your ingredients prepared before the session there is a recipe PDF for you to download at the end of this post.
After making the masks we will go on to learn face massage techniques, face reflexology points and neck stretches to calm your nervous system, help lymphatic flow and improve circulation and skin texture.
Did you know your skin can get great health benefits from a face mask made from the same foods we eat! Vitamins, minerals and good fats in the ingredients nourish your skin from the outside in…
Be prepared to get messy!
Have a mirror or phone camera handy so you can see what you are doing!
Have long hair? Tie it back
(Oh and do avoid using any ingredients if you have food allergies to them)
Step 1. Choose your base
- Yoghurt – 1 dessert spoon
- Rice Flour – 1 dessert spoon
- Chickpea flour – 1 dessert spoon
- Ground Chia seeds – 1 dessert spoon
- Oats (pre-soaked) – 1 dessert spoon (dry skin)
- Mashed Peeled Cucumber (sensitive skin)
- Aloe vera gel – from a tube or leaf (gently mash)
- Solid Coconut oil – (NOTE for a lip or body scrub)
Step 2. Choose your mixer
Have enough of your mixer liquid to mix your chosen base to a paste – approx 1 tablespoon
- A plant based milk – Almond, Oat, Soy etc
- A herbal tea –
Melissa, Green, Rose-hip, Sage, Chamomile, Mint
- A Cold pressed unrefined oil – (dryer skin)
Olive, Sunflower, Grapeseed
- Floral or hydrosol water – Rose, Orange, Lavender
For those making a Coconut scrub:
- Soft brown sugar (scrub) – 1 Large pinch
- Used coffee grinds (scrub) – 1 Large pinch
Step 3. Choose an extra or two!
- Turmeric powder – 1 Pinch
- Matcha powder – 1 Pinch
- Chlorella or Spirulina powder – 1 Pinch
- Grated Orange or Lemon zest 1/4tps
- Crush up Vitamin C capsule mix half into mask
- Vit E capsule – squeeze into mask
- Evening primrose capsule -squeeze into mask
- Apple cider vinegar – ¼ tsp (oily skin)